Hi, see comments below.

Best,

Erik Burggraaf
User support consultant,
One on one access technology support and training over the phone or in person,
1-888-255-5194
http://www.erik-burggraaf.com

On 2010-11-04, at 11:12 AM, Marlaina Lieberg wrote:

> 1.  I need to know how to efficiently navigate calendar and addressbook.  In
> calendar for example, when I do control shit t and then get my date I want
> to view entered, I hear nothing and when I vo right or left, I'm back to
> today's date.  Also, entering appointments is weird for me because I haven't
> quite figured out how to know whether I'm on the month chooser, the day or
> the year, and then we add in the time.  It doesn't seem to be consistent
> that one right arrow takes me to month, 2 to day, 3 to year and 4 to time.
> Yeh, I'm not really sure how to help with this.  I'm sure I have the answer
> but not really how to communicate it.  The inconsistancy in the date and time
> control could be because it remembers where you left off.  so, if you only
> set the month and the day for an appointment, when you get back to the date
> control it will still be on day instead of starting back at year.  It's
> definitely not inconsistant so something in the logic of how these things
> work is off.

> I am still at a loss to efficiently navigate to a contact in addressbook.
> I'm at such a loss, in fact, I can't even tell you what I can't do, smile!
> This one is easy.  Press vo I for the item chooser menu.  You can then start
> typing.  If you type the first few letters of any piece of info the item
> chooser will pull up everything that has that info.  Typing lie will give you
> all the liebergs.  Typing mar will give you all the marlenas and margarets
> and marys.  Even if you have hundreds or thousands of contacts, the item
> chooser will still get you to the vcard you want in seconds.  If you then
> want their work phone, go back to the item chooser and type work.  If you
> want their home address go to the item chooser and type home.  The item
> chooser may in fact be even more useful in calendar and address book than it
> is in safari, and that is really saying something.

> 2.  Occasionally I need to copy then paste things from a website, such as a
> recipe.  I cannot consistently do this.  Sometimes shift downarrow works and
> sometimes it does not.
There are two ways to do this.
One, press control option shift C when you hear something you want to rip off
of the webpage.  This is the copy last phrase to clipboard option.  It's pretty
intuitive and will often scoop up large blocks of text for you without having
to do anything.
If that fails, press control option enter and then control option left and
right arrows to select text word by word.  Once all the text is selected, press
control option enter again and then command c to copy.  I'm not real kean on
that method and try to use control option shift C whenever possible.
> I would also love to know how to jump to the next
> block of unlinked text.  In Window-Eyes, I simply press x which moves me by
> blocks of unlinked text.
> I had to look this one up.  Turns out it is control option command p.  For a
> complete list of html navigation commands, go to safari and press control
> option shift F.  Then you can arrow down a menu with all of them listed.

Hope this helps.