Erik,

I am downloading it now.  Many thanks and do not worry about being mic shy.

Marlaina
----- Original Message -----
From: "erik burggraaf" <e...@erik-burggraaf.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 2:18 PM
Subject: Re: some newbie mac questions - item chooser

OK,  You know the old saying, a tutorial is worth a thousand emails.

Try this.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1291668/addressbook.mp3

I'm a bit mic shy, so maybe it will be no help at all,  but maybe it will
give you a better idea what's supposed to happen.

Best,
Erik Burggraaf
User support consultant,
One on one access technology support and training over the phone or in
person,
1-888-255-5194
http://www.erik-burggraaf.com

On 2010-11-04, at 4:02 PM, Marlaina Lieberg wrote:

> Erik,
>
> Ok so I do cmd-1 and it says card and column then i do vo-i and I still
> don't get anywhere.  I have never used item chooser until today; is there
> something basic I need to know first about using item chooser?  what
> happens
> to me now is this:
>
> I do cmd-1 vo-i it says item chooser 42 items.  I then start typing karen
> pull up all my karens and I land up on something that is part of the card
> for doctor jackson, my lung doctor who is a man and would shutter to think
> his first name was karen!  <smile>
>
> Thank you for your patience as I try to catch up with the expert knowledge
> on this list!
>
> Marlaina

>>> as
>>> a
>>> recipe.  I cannot consistently do this.  Sometimes shift downarrow works