Hi Marlaina!
I've cleared out some of the earlier posts!
I do not know if this is applicable, but I've got 2 users and 1 Mac and we
share 1 library!
I had to put my Itunes media folder into hd/users/shared in the hd on the Mac
and the same through my better half's user account!
Then changed some permissions to allow it to work!
So I wonder if you have to set up something similar!
As for where your purchases are going!
Have you looked in Itunes in the hd!
That's where music is normally stored!
hth Colin!