Hi Brianna:
I've found myself booting up my old Dell less and less frequently, in favor of
the MBP.:)
The battery is actually built in such a way as to not be affected adversely by
memory.  That is, it doesn't remember how much was left before you charge it.
So, there's no adverse affect in that way.

I guess I'd say the MBP has become my primary computer for most things, save
scanning and printing labels.  My little Dell and the Canon scanner are a
pretty hot team to beat, and I'm afraid my dear Mac-alexander just can't beat
them for convenience.  I confess that at times, emails are easier to read at
times with Jaws.  But, even Safari is beating out my Firefox browser and I very
rarely surf wit the Dell anymore.

Questions are a good thing.  We all learn from them.:)
Enjoy your Mac journey.

Caarolyn H