Hello Carolyn,

I don't know whether it made any difference, but I tried to add my Braillino in
the Braille category of VoiceOver Utility but, although it saw the Braillino, I
couldn't pair them. That was when I went to System Preferences where I had the
opportunity to put in the code.

You don't need that USB thing, it's just for PCs that don't have BlueTooth. You
don't need that serial to USB cable either.

It's getting late here in France, but I should be up for another hour or so if
I can be of any further help.

If you think this is getting too much for the list, e-mail me privately and
I'll try to help further.

Cheers,

Anne