Hi Patricia,

I guess I'm confused as your original email states that you have a "late 2010
mac mini." Perhaps you meant late 2009? If that's the case, I would still like
to strongly suggest that you might want to contact Apple as they sometimes have
parts that are under an extended warranty due to a recall or high failure rate.
The quick phone call or trip to an Apple store might just save you some money,
data and grief.

HTH,
Bryan