But, Christer, IF you mean what I think you do, I just use the regular arrow
keys to instantly find the  spot where I want to drop in a pece of audio.
then, I set a marker there.  Then, I move to where I want the selection to end.
 Then, just press command+y to rout the insertion point to the playback head.
At that point, you just press command+left to select back to the previous
marker which will be the marker at the beginning of the selection.  Now, of
course, it would be much faster, in my opinion, if they would set it up so that
the insertion point tracks the playback head and you could use the left and
right bracket keys to drop  beginning and ending markers.  Also, another thing
I'd like to see is the ability to move to a marker and delete that marker
without having to go in to the modify markers manu.  Still, not a bad editor.
As for a blind person not  being able to shoot a video, PLEASE, I do it all the
time.  If you know where the action is you want to shoot, and, you know where
your camera lens is, well, you can do it.  Almost the same thing as knowing
where your mouth is and how to feed yourself.  You just apply the same idea a
little differently.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

Now a very proud and happy Mac user!!!