Yes, exactly.
You have no indication whether the download started or whether it is a broken
link.
It seems to be mimicking the same behavior as Internet Explorer 9.
I much prefer having the download window open and show me the downloads instead
of navigating to the toolbar and clicking on the button.
Call me old-fashioned,