It's nice to see somebody being generally positive on here! With regard to your
questions, I can only say that my ordinary Macbook, the nice White one that you
can't get any more because it apparently isn't good enough, runs just fine.
There's the odd task that takes longer or makes it run hot that didn't used to,
particularly opening and closing lots of apps, but I'll take the sandboxing any
day as the performance loss is very minimal on my old fashioned thing!

Take care
Dave