Hi Jane,

Wow, this must be the 1.8 beta that is supposed to add accessibility support.
According to the MacUpdate page, this was released July 20, 2011. Is this
usable? The current stable version of Adobe Digital Editions (1.7.2) does not
let VoiceOver read anything.  The MacUpdate reviews of this product (stable
versions) by sighted users are at the lowest ratings.  Have things gotten
better? On the iPad are you using this with OverDrive? (since BlueFire Reader,
the other app that supports library downloadable ADE DRM renders even books
without DRM protection unreadable by VoiceOver).

Cheers,

Esther