There's usually no reason to move around with just the mouse cursor, the
closest thing voiceover offers to that is the way you have it set, to have the
mouse follow the voiceover cursor. Usually there is no advantage to this, since
the voiceover cursor is able to activate items. The one case I've found this
useful is on some web sites. Really this is bad web design, but some sites use
a feature called mouseover, that is, when the mouse pointer itself is ona
certain item, other items are revealed, this only works by putting the mouse on
an item, tabbing won't work. Usually, if the mouse follows the voiceover
cursor, you will see the new items. Again, this really is not something web
developers should use, it's very nonstandard, but some do.