Hi Alex and others.
You said you were not familiar with dots seven and eight. Some of us on this
list discovered that that is how you acquire computer braille on the Mac in
VoiceOver, by turning on dots seven and eight. By the way, this was not
explained in the VoiceOver information as far as I can remember, and this
should be explained because it was not obvious even to experienced braille
users like myself.

Dots seven and eight are used by many braille displays to indicate
capitalization and control characters in computer braille. Dot seven appears
right below dot 3. Dot 8 appears right below dot 6.

The thing is, when you turn on dots 7 and 8 to get computer braille so you can
read grade 2 files on the Mac, this causes, I found, all the letters and grade
2 signs to have dots seven and eight displayed in the file. On my braille
display, I can turn them off while displaying in grade 2, so this doesn't
happen. On my Mac, when I read grade 2 files, I have found it necessary for
easy reading to do a transformation which means taking out all the uppercase.
This works great in TextEdit.

One of my options also is to read brf files on the Mac and do reports in Pages
on the iPad. I have tried doing both on the computer, and find it a little bit
time-consuming because of the need to go back and forth between files. Has
anybody here been writing with Pages on their iPads under the new update?

I have a few theories about how folks are reading brf files on their iPads, but
unfortunately, I can't test it because I don't have a Focus 40 Blue. The person
I was working with at Apple yesterday said I could test it, and that's great.
However, I can't since I don't have one.

Sorry for this being so long.

Regards,
Gigi