Hi Donna,

You might want to investigate into Apple Script. This can modify default
behaviours for applications. You can introduce your own save as. This is a work
around I know.

But even better. You could create a template using apple script. activate the
script fill in the bits you want. Save it as the naming convention you want.
Learning apple script will take a bit. But is a perfect tool for these types of
tasks.

Using the right tool for the right job is a motto of mine.

Sean