Hi there,

Remember the problem I was having this weekend with my ITunes 10.6 crashing on
me all the time even if I just launched it and did nothing else?  Well, I
called Apple today.  It turns out that, for a small number of users, ITunes
10.6 does in fact crash all the time.  I am informed that this is being
investigated and that a future update to ITunes should fix this problem.  The
issue turns out somehow to be with two files in the User/User name/Music/ITunes
folder.  The instructions apple gave for fixing it were as follows.

1.  Delete the User/User name/Music/ITunes/ITunes.itl file and empy the trash.

2.  Next, move the User Name/Music/ITunes/ITunesLibrary.xml file to the desk
top folder right off the home folder.

3.  Now, relaunch ITunes.

4.  From the file menu, select the Library submenu.

5.  From the Library Submenu, Select inport playlist.

6.  Now, navigate to the User/User Name/Desktop folder and press return when
you reach the ITunesLibrary.xml file.

One further point.  It might be useful to make sure all your settings are
intact before you do this.  IF, for example, you set ITunes not to copy files
added to the ITunes/ITunes Media folder, You'll need to reset this before you
add to the library again.

I'll let everyone know tomorrow what happens with this, as I don't really feel
like bothering with it tonight.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

Now a very proud and happy Mac user!!!