Thanks Anne for saving me again. <grin.> It's now working very nicely for me. I like being able to snoop around with the mouse.
Thanks so much.

Veronica
At 11:30 PM 4/18/2012, you wrote:
Hello Veronica,

In VoiceOver Utility, Verbosity category, select the Announcements tab and check the check box Speak text under mouse after delay. Then set the delay to zero. When you run one finger over the trackpad, VO will speak what is under the mouse.

Cheers,

Anne

On 18 Apr 2012, at 23:09, Veronica Elsea wrote:

> Hi everyone! I can't believe I'm doing this. It drives me crazy when there's just been a discussion on a list about something and then someone writes in and asks, what was that again? So, tail between legs, ears back, here I go. > I was so excited about mail finally behaving that I accidentally deleted the message about using the actual mouse. I'd love to be able to wander around the track pad and get VoiceOver feedback. > Is it that I go into universal access and change the delay there to zero? I think there's another step I've forgotten though. So please forgive me and I promise to pay closer attention from now on. <grin.> > But if someone could resend me that original post, I'd be most grateful. Thanks so much.
>
> Veronica

Watch and hear The Guide Dog Glee Club sing The Star-spangled Banner at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQNLclisGqQ
Then learn about Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
                Veronica Elsea, Owner
Laurel Creek Music Designs
Santa Cruz, California