Thanks Anne,

I had no idea VO had its own sourt command.  I thought I might have to
figure a way to find the actua column header and click with trackpad
or something.  this should be easy enough.  Look forward to trying it
out when I get home and play with itunes some more.  I'm actually
beginning to dig itunes a bit.  that book, "Take Control of iTunes" is
a wonderful resource.  I've learned quite a bit on how to pair down
the user interface to be managable and accessible and pleasant to use.