Hello Alberto,

Normally, I would agree with you, but, per your suggestion, I went into the
settings and still did not find what I wanted.

iMessaging is turned on.  Nor did I didn't learn anything helpful when I
clicked on the link that took me to the part of the manual that talked about
the iMessaging service.  So I still find myself wondering why I am only being
permitted to send text messages, though iMessaging is turned on and my phone is
turned off.

Best regards and thanks for weighing in,

Mike