Ronald
How did you manage to change the size of the vertical splitter? When I try to
go below 93 per cent, mail just says "busy" and I have to close and restart
mail for anything to work. I've let it say "busy" for half an hour in case it
really was busy doing something, but eventually I closed it. Did you vo down
arrow. Then did you uninteract with the splitter, or do something else to save
the new size?
I'm glad this worked for you. This gives me hope that I should keep re trying
here.

Lisette