Yes, I use the duplicate function to make copies of data sheets for different
students/classes.  This works well for the purpose.  Although, you have to get
used to not editing the original file.  I suppose you could lock the file.
Then, whenever you tried to edit it, you would be prompted to duplicate it or
unlock it.  I'll have to try this one myself.

-Greg