From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Allison Mervis
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2012 7:22 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: How to read Kindle Books in iBooks

But if you can't even register the Kindle software on the Mac without
encountering accessibility issues, how can you download books?
Allison
On Jun 15, 2012, at 11:32 PM, Ricardo Walker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> you can probably replace caliber with Stanza in the instructions given.
That app is completely accessible.

> Ricardo Walker
> rica...@appletothecore.info
> Twitter:@apple2thecore
> www.appletothecore.info
>
> On Jun 15, 2012, at 9:48 PM, Jane <juanitatig...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Very true.  I keep hoping that accessibility is fixed whenever Calibre
updates, but nope.  Worse, I can't expain to the developers what exactly the
problem is other than a vague, "Turn on VoiceOver and shut your eyes. All
you'll hear is unknown, and you won't be able to interact."

>>> Twitter:@apple2thecore
>>> www.appletothecore.info

Mac, let alone figure how to download books. They made their app as
inaccessible as possible.  What is it going to take? A lawsuit to force them
to include full, not partial, accessibility and unlimited reading of books
with text-to-speech?  If they'd do that, and fix accessibility ont he
idevices, too, we wouldn't need this work-around that only partially works.

only VoiceOver, it would be cool to try.

then some of you would enjoy it.