Hi everyone!
Okay, I'm baffled. Thanks to the urging from many of you on this list, I'm finally making the switch from pop mail to imap. Don't even ask about life with Thunderbird on my Windows computer! <sigh!> Anyway, here's the Mac question. Oh, I am running Lion on my MBA. So, I deleted my pop mail account by hitting VO-space on the remove account button found in mail preferences. I then closed Mail and just for good measure, rebooted the computer. When I opened Mail, the welcome message appeared and it took me through the questions. Trouble is, there was no question asking me whether I wanted imap or pop. The first time I went all the way through the set up, it ended up as imap, but all of my previous mailboxes, messages, rules and signatures were still there. It didn't synchronize properly in that the new folders I'd created on the server didn't appear and I ended up with two sent folders. So I removed the account a second time and shut down the computer again. But again, in the account creation dialogs, there was no question about choosing imap or pop. Somehow I get the feeling it's not really deleting what had been there and I'm ending up with a bit of a mess. Any suggestions would sure be appreciated at this point. After all, this was partly why I was supposed to join the 21st century and switch to imap, so everything would just automatically appear on all computers. Hmmm, as I said, all the wisdom here is so much appreciated. I'll keep searching articles and such to see if I find some miraculous solution as well.
Thanks again.

Veronica

--
Watch and hear Veronica Elsea's Prayer for a Soldier at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFoIhWrBHFI
Then find more music from Veronica Elsea and The Guide Dog Glee Club at: