I copied the file into my downloads folder and then launched Lion Disk Maker.
A dialog came up stating that the file could not be used to create the
installation or something like that.  Wouldn't it make more sense at this point
to just copy the installation file to my external drive?

>>> Twitter:@apple2thecore