Hi Steve,

Darcy Burnard recommended ID3 Editor by Pa-software, which can also be
run from a command line interface, if you wish:
http://www.pa-software.com/id3editor/
ID3 Editor v1.18.18   £10.00 (GBP), €12.00 (Euro) or $15.00 (USD)

By the way, an easy way to locate tracks you've just added to iTunes
is to navigate to the "Recently Added" smart playlist in the sources
table. Then move to the corresponding songs table with VO-Command-T.
This is simply a smart playlist that keeps track of items you've added
to iTunes, that are not podcasts, in the last two weeks, by default in
time order. You could always edit the rules to change the time
interval, or to make your own smart playlist criteria.

HTH. Cheers,

Esther