Hi folks,
trouble shooting with a friend, so I trust I ask this clearly.
I am working with someone who is outfitting a computer for another operating system, not a mac. However, they are using a macbook with mountain lion on it for our communications, including when I send him programs to install on the other computer. because macs are so efficient though each time I send him something the mac makes an effort to unzip the contents instead of just leaving the file alone. This often results in sub directories we cannot reach and the like, and since the files are not for the mac and the machine in question is not a Mac either, the kind assistance is not very helpful. is there something he can do in his mail setup that keeps the file untouched when we move it from his inbox to say the usb floppy drive he has attached to the macbook? I suspect the download area as the source for the unpacking effort, but this is just a guess.
thoughts & ideas?
Thanks,
Karen