i can not see the custom button in the mountain lion setup screen! i can see
the efi in the disk utility when i type diskutil list in the terminal i will
not remove the efi.
----- Original Message -----
  From: Christopher-Mark Gilland
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:14 PM
  Subject: Re: EFI

  First of all, the EFI isn't a partition.  Think of the EFI as the equivalent
of the bios on a windows based pc.  I'm honestly not sure that it can be
modified nor why in the first place you'd wanna do that.  I know on older Power
PC based macs, there was a utility called Open Firmware that would let you
issue raw commands to the EFI firmware, but for one thing, there was absolutely
no speech output, and for two, it was an extremely! risky thing to do if you
didn't know 100% what you were doing and why.  Plus, now that macs have gone
Intel, I don't think that's possible anymore.

  The second question of your's let's address:  Can you modify the Mountain
Lion installation?  Can you be a bit more specific please?  When you say modify
the ML installation, are you saying that you want to reverse engineer it and
make it do things it doesn't, or are you more just trying to select the
different services/components that get installed.  If the ladder, then yes, I
think there is a customize button that you can press vo+Space on during the
installation then you can check and uncheck whatever items you want installed.
Now, obviously, having said that, there of corse are certain components that
are dependencies on the OS in a whole, meaning you can't disable them, as
without them, the core part of the OS's kernel wouldn't correctly run.

  If you can be a little bit more specific exactly what you're trying to
accomplish, I'll see if I can help you a bit further.  If, you're trying to
modify the installer as in make it work differently or literally do things it
doesn't already do, then I'm sorry to say that not only is that imposible, but
is extremely highly illegal and with all do respect, I'd highly doubt anyone
would support telling you how to reverse code engineer it.  I know I! certainly
won't.  Even if I did! know how, which I dont, I'd not reveal it.  LOL!
Anyhow, take care.  No hard feelings.

  Chris Gilland.
  Founder of CLG Productions
  http://www.clgproductions.com
  E-mail: ch...@clgproductions.com
  Phone: 803-760-7136
  Toll-Free: 1-888-405-3185
  Mon-Fri 8A.M-5P.M Eastern Standard Time except weekends and holidays.