Hey chris,
Congrats! I don't have a Mac myself, but I'm using this list as a learning
experience when I do get a Mac, which hopefully should be in the near
future. i"ll have to admit that Alex is one of the major highlights of the
Mac experience imho. So, you're on a winning streak. BTW if you wanted to
run Windows on the same machine as OSX, there's no reason why you can't run
it within a virtual machine. You mentioned your specs, and for a serious VM
installation, its not possible, but you could do basic tasks with a Windows
VM. Allocate 1GB of RAM to it, and Windows should run OK. Not ideally, but
it would be a at least functional experience.
--Erik