Hi:
I managed to fix the issue of files asking for a password when deleting trash.
I also fixed the problem I just posted about my Mac acting like it was wiped,
and not letting me read or write due to permissions issue. Do not try this
unless you are really techy, or desperate.
. Here is the fix.
Boot up in recovery mode by pressing restart. Hold down command r when you hear
the startup sound. Wait about 2 minutes. Press command F5 to start VO. Press vo
space, and go to the utilities menu. Press enter on terminal. In the terminal
window, type resetpassword and press enter. The password utility opens, but we
will not reset password. At the top of the window, click on the iCon for the
hard drive of your Mac. Move to the user account field, and select the account
that is causing problems. At the bottom of the window, you see reset home
directory permissions and acts. Press reset.It takes several minutes to fix.
Once done, quit the open programs, restart the Mac using your hard disk to
boot. When you are returned, spotlight will reindex your stuff.