I guess I was differentiating between this battery and the retina display laptops which have the battery glued in making it impossible to replace. iFixit documented this. Find step 21 where they attempt to remove the battery. I think it was about the 5th or 6th header on the page:

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook+Pro+15-Inch+Retina+Display+Mid+2012+Teardown/9462/3

CB

On 3/25/13 3:17 PM, Ricardo Walker wrote:
Hi,

I personally would put the battery in the Macbook pro as non replaceable.  
Meaning, it wasn't designed for the average user to easily swap a battery out.  
Yes.  Technically, its doable but, not something the overwhelming majority of 
people would be comfortable doing.

Ricardo Walker
[email protected]
Twitter:@apple2thecore
www.appletothecore.info

On Mar 25, 2013, at 2:47 PM, Chris Blouch <[email protected]> wrote:

I like backpacks for carrying my computer around. Lots of additional room for 
cables and such. I picked up one for $20 from Megamacs:

http://www.megamacs.com/index.php?action=frameview&id=3566552

The battery is replacable but requires removing a jillion tiny screws with 
special heads. Some people like doing this kind of thing others would rather 
pay a service. iFixIt has instructions and such here:

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+MacBook+Pro+15-Inch+Unibody+Late+2011+Battery/7511/1

CB

On 3/24/13 6:53 AM, anita wrote:
Hi List,
    Haven't purchased a case for my MacBook Pro yet, but was wondering is there 
one specific one that's the best or most popular? The battery isn't replacable, 
right? Are sound schemes available, like in Windows, and if so, how do I bring 
that up?
    Thanks,
    Anita
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MacVisionaries" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


--
Ż\_(?)_/Ż

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MacVisionaries" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MacVisionaries" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to