You can use full-screen with command-control F for the native apps. Also, you
can go to the Window menu and choose zoom or press the button at the top of the
window.. I'm not quite sure what zooming does, but I'm told that it doesn't
maximize the window the way Windows does. The window isn't as big as a
maximized window.

HtH,
Teresa