Hi,

Yes.  There is a shortcut.  Depending on how you have the Function keys set up
on your Mac, pressing FN, option F11 or F12 will take you directly into sound
preferences.  You might not have to add in the FN key, if you have your
function keys set up to act as hardware keys.  You would just press option F11
or F12.

hth

Ricardo Walker
rica...@appletothecore.info