I don't use the app, and I don't know about your second question. Your pirst,
though, sounds like a VO annoyance. From what you described, I'll bet the app
highlights or otherwise changes the title once you arrow to it. When that
happens, vo will read the new text, interrupting itself to do so if it must.
See if there's anything in settings about highlighting articles, and/or change
VO's action when text changes to "nothing". You can find that by hitting vo-v1
then left or right arrow. Once you find the option, up and down arrow th change
it, then enter to close the dialog.

Sent from my iPhone