Hello Ed,

VueScan can do OCR but it isn't as good as ABBYY FineReader. If all you need is
to read printed mail, then VueScan will probably work for you.

I must admit, I haven't tried it in English for a long time, but I do know that
in French, VueScan is horrible.

If I have time, I'll give the English VueScan OCR a try.

Cheers,

Anne