Hi Tim
oh boy, what a strange thing to do on my iPad 3. Actually I expected the same
way you described in your e-mail. That's how it worked on my iPhone as well.
But here it was more strange:
The hq voice in german weren't show up on its own. So I tried to download hq
german voice in VoiceOver language rotor settings. But the switch for german
was dimmed. Then I checked wether it was possible to download another language
in hq quality. This time I was lucky. I could download hq UK Daniel. After I
installed Daniel hq I was able to install german Anna hq. After the
installation of Anna hq the standard voice - which in my case is german -
shifted to hq as well. Now I have a standard hq voice but I had to install a
german hq voice for the rotor before. Isn't that strange?
All the best
Jürgen