There’s no real way of moving an independent Braille cursor, saved for the
ability to pan the display. The VO cursor expands the word you’re on (not being
able to turn this off is a pity), e.g. when you’re panning through a document
in TextEdit or such., and gets highlighted in other contexts, but it eventually
jumps to the next element as you pan to that new element.