Hi,

The MacOS also does daily, weekly and monthly software tuneups.  These are
pre-defined operations done at some un-godly hour of the night/morning when
most of us should be sleeping.  If your computer is off or closed when these
operations normally run, they are performed when the unit is first awakened or
started up.  There is a set of Terminal commands you can run to run these
operations on demand but it is unnecessary, really.

Later…

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada