Hi,

When in iTunes, in the pane for your iPod Touch, did you select the Music tab
then uncheck the box for syncing music?  After you’ve done that, apply your
changes.  Yes, then you could unplug your iPod, although I’m not sure that will
make a huge difference.    Before turning iTunes Match back on, check in your
Music app on the iPod to see if the music went away.

Later…

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada