Hi Nick,

I think that VO is just having a hard time determining what you’ve done.  I
believe that your merge actually worked.  If I merge cells A1 through C1, enter
some text in the merged cells, then B1 and C1 will say that they are empty as
you’ve noted.  But if you navigate right once to the Scroll area after the
Sheet area, Interact with it, VO will tell you that the text within either B1
or C1 is the same as what you entered in A1.

HTH.

Later…

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada