Works for me if it works for you...
----- Original Message ----- From: "Maxwell Ivey" <maxwelli...@aol.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 18:51
Subject: Re: podcast question

i think i am just going to keep using youtube. i already know how to mbed my youtube videos in blog posts and pages. thanks, max
On Jan 29, 2014, at 4:12 PM, Sean Paul wrote:

Yes, Youtube does not generate an RSS feed & will not allow you to download videos. There is a work around for this... But, much to complacated to get in to here. &, involves the use of google hangouts on air. If you're just wanting to post the youtube videos on your site, you can do that by imbedding them in your posts. Simply by taking the direct link from the video & imbedding it when you write your post. Wordpress will then generate a video player with them. There are also other wordpress plugins which will generate much nicer youtube players... This will only give your end users the ability to watch the video on your site & not do anything else with it. If you're wanting the ability for others to download them or get them in a podcatcher, yes, you will need to reupload the post. & use powerpress. Again, this will require some media hosting as you are not able to take that video from Youtube. Really need to figure out exactly what you're wanting to do with them here. Powerpress is very accessible, you will need to get in to its guts & make some setting changes. Probably drifting way off topic for this list now. So, probably be a good idea to contact me off list for further podcasting type questions & I'll be more than glad to walk with you in the set up process. I do not, nor have I ever done video podcasting, but, I'm well versed in audio podcasting. By using powerpress it's vertually the same whether you're doing video or audio.
newsandtraf...@aol.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Maxwell Ivey" <maxwelli...@aol.com>