I'm sure this is obvious, but I just want to be sure:

Please also look at the Mer project, since they are trying to build a Maemo
system, using only the open source pieces of Maemo. They are building their
system on Ubuntu, instead of OE, but their project might offer insight into
the problems you will encounter.

http://wiki.maemo.org/index.php?title=Mer

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 3:33 AM, Kirtika Ruchandani <kirt...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am Kirtika Ruchandani, a Maemo-GSoC student this year working on
> integrating Maemo in Open Embedded(OE) by creating a maemo image for the
> N800/N810 in OE.
>
> The project aim is to get a file-system image of maemo built in OE for the
> N800/N810 with all the Maemo software stack components - including the
> hildon UI environment. The work done for this will also include making the
> platform itself portable - i.e. being able to port Maemo components for a
> device over a given base, say angstrom.
>
> I will be looking at the Poky port of Maemo, previous work done by my
> mentor Florian Boor on this project, Mamona (which supports N800 in OE) and
> Angstrom (to be studied as a base) to go about the porting work.
>

> I am a second year under-graduate student at  Indian Institute of
> Technology, Madras (IIT-M) in India and my IRC and garage nickname is
> rkirti.
>

> --
> Kirtika Ruchandani
> Sophomore
> Computer Science and Engineering
> Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
>
> http://www.cse.iitm.ac.in/~rkirti/maemo-oe/<http://www.cse.iitm.ac.in/%7Erkirti/maemo-oe/>

enthusiast, n. "One whose mind is wholly possessed and heated by what
engages it; one who is influenced by a peculiar fervor of mind; an ardent
and imaginative person."