On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 07:48, ext Vladislav Grinchenko wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I can start an application on 770 from xterm just fine - I see
> connection coming in with dbus-monitor.
>
> But when I try to start the same application from the task
> navigator menu, it is not even executed.
>
> Can someone tell me which process on in the maemo desktop
> actually calls exec()?

dbus-daemon

> If it is dbus-daemon-1, is there any way to
> start it in verbose mode of some sort to trace what's going on?
> I tried $ DBUS_VERBOSE=1 dbus-daemon-1 --session to no avail.

You would first have to edit debian/rules (put replace
--disable-verbose-mode with --enable-verbose-mode) and recompile.

> There are two dub-daemon-1 running, session and system. I'd like to
> trace them both.

Recompile & edit /etc/init.d/dbus and
/etc/osso-af-init/dbus-sessionbus.sh to have the DBUS_VERBOSE (I'm not
sure if DBUS_DEBUG_OUTPUT is also needed...).

> The .desktop file:
> --------------------
> [Desktop Entry]
> Encoding=UTF-8
> Version=0.1
> Type=Application
> Name=Granule
> Exec=/var/lib/install/usr/bin/granule
> Icon=granule
> X-Window-Icon=granule
> X-Window-Icon-Dimmed=granule
> X-Osso-Service=granule
> X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
> X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=true
>

> The .services file:
> [D-BUS Service]
> Name=com.nokia.granule
> Exec=/var/lib/install/usr/bin/granule

Do you call osso_initialize() with "granule" as the application name?

BR; Kimmo