Ok, lets kick the dog:
- try to compile with SDK_PC, then with SDK_ARMEL, well, you'll never compile
again in SDK_PC...
- RAD?? Are you crazy??? Even the basic C API doesn't work at all... Unicode is
a mistery for me after dozens of days searching...
- the best feature of my Nokia is the console xTerminal...
- Maemo docs are band-aid over a femural bleeding
- the best apps ported to Nokia are console based or X based... Hildon based
are tragic accidents.
- Java doesn´t even fit in tiny 128mb... We should mount and use as root our
1gb sd cards and liberate the rest of the memory for RAM. When "Linux from
scratch" fits for Nokia, bye bye OS2006...
- Even for a normal user the basic programs that are blunded with OS2006 are
too much buggy, the community ones are truly russian roulettes.
- From 5 questions the developers list evolves more 6, all without answers
(where I apply to be nokia employee? I just wanna a fast look in the sources to
solve my dead keys problems, after that I quit)

- I AM REALLY TIRED FROM PEOPLE SAYING ABOUT "THE NEXT FEATURES" WHEN EVEN THE
NOWADAYS FEATURES DOESN'T WORK, C'MON PEOPLE, GET REAL, HELP US TO PRESSURE
MAEMO TO REALLY AID PROGRAMMERS, BECAUSE PORT APPS TODAY IS A NIGHTMARE AND
FRUSTRATING TASK.

- DID YOU EVER SAW A LINUX DISTRIBUTION ASKS FOR SOME KIND OF SERIAL TO
AUTHORIZE THE DOWNLOAD? I NEVER... BUY A WINDOWS XP MACHINE INSTEAD, IT LACKS
FREEDOM AS MUCH AS OS2006, AND YOU WON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH SCRATCHBOX (very
good name, I scratched a lot...) AND ROOTSTRAPS.

-MAEMO WON'T DESERVE TIME OR ANY KIND OF EFFORTS FROM OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY
BECAUSE IT'S NOT OPEN, HARDLY A GOOD DEVELOPER COMMUNITY WILL EVOLVE AROUND IT.
REMEMBER THAT WHEN BUYING NOKIA 770, THIS MEANS (much) LESS APPS PORTS.

Alessandro - Frustrated owner of a Nokia 770 since june/06, retired Maemo
amateur developer (two weeks trying to understand where hildon and GTK works),
and unsuccessful user that only wanted dead keys for bluetooth keyboard (ah,
the stowaway bluetooth keyboard is just great, pays for each cent)