Title: Best Regards,
Devesh,

the following commentary from Andrew is somewhat disconcerting since it suggests that Nokia is somehow holding back on openness:

"I have to say
> Maemo and the Nokia 770 have been disappointing in terms of openness"

Assuming that his disappointment is warranted, what has held Nokia back in terms of "complete openness" in the context suggested by the above comment? Is there some commercial concern that, by being more "open", that Nokia will be somehow more vulnerable to competitors developing similar hardware that runs the same software platform as the N770? It is not even clear to me that it is legally possible under the terms of licensing for Linux based software to take the parts of Linux that one likes but to hold other parts back in order to retain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks

GSEC Gold, GCWN Gold, GGSC-0100, NSA-IAM, NSA-IEM

(H) 703 620 0672

(M) 703 407 2278

(F)  703 620 5388

(O) 410 849 2376 (has voicemail to email)

primary email address:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

backup email address:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

www page for texting:   www.vtext.com/users/jholmblad

text email address:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: