Hello,

I finally managed to get ogg playback on my device, thanks to
N770-Freak and the "Getting started with multimedia"-document at
maemo.org. Now, I could upload the packages I put together out there
(e.g. on Garage), but I'm wondering how upgrading Nokia-installed
packages should be done.

So the question:
If I upload a gstreamer package with version number larger than the
Nokia-provided-gstreamer has into the extras repository, the users of
that repo would then install it on the next upgrade even if they hadn't
installed a package that requires the new version of gstreamer, right?
That does not sound like something I'd like -- Should I use another
package name and a Conflicts-field?

A slightly related followup: Any chance of getting a newer gstreamer
package in the next OS update?

TIA,
 -Jussi