On 1/15/07, Martin Grimme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[development of another PIM suite]

This sounds really interesting. I know that there are already
applications like dates or GPE-calendar for the N770 but both
don't fit my needs. Since my idea was to write some sort of
PIM suite specially for the 770 in the near future, maybe we
should join efforts.

I don't think GPE is the perfect PIM suite (it is the most mature
we've got, though) and Dates is still very immature. However, is what
you want so diametrically opposed to the aims of these two projects
that you couldn't work with them to improve the existing projects,
rather than creating another?

If it's a case of getting in at the ground floor, the relative youth
of Dates might be more interesting to you; and there are some nice UI
ideas in there which will only improve with decent synchronisation.

I don't know the people at Opened Hand responsible for Dates, but I
can't believe they wouldn't be interested in the help? Especially from
two talented, enthusiastic programmers.

Although I'm a big fan of anything now which will bring the polish of
the iPhone's UI to Maemo :-)

Cheers,

Andrew

--