Daniel Stone wrote:

If there's anything you want to know directly, just ask on the list.  I
tend to deal with email when I'm not actively coding/building/etc, which
is how I justify it.  A wiki would require me to sit down for a while
and really think about stuff, and I don't really have huge blocks of
time available to me.

But yeah, always happy to answer direct questions.

Disadvantage is that it becomes lost in the list archive. Even when you do search the archive it is hard to know proper keywords and it is very likely your brilliant answer will not be found. Many times I am 100% sure the answer is in the list since I remember someone answered it some time ago but even then it is hard or impossible to find.

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
Quim, while "formal" documents as those maemo.org provides are cool,
it consumes a lot of resources... doing simple but correct/consistent
wiki is good enough. Maybe we could setup a "techday" that we'd meet
on IRC and document some topics on Wiki. It would be great to get some
people with deep knowledge on hw issues, like Daniel, Siarhei and
Eero... I could help with writing and organization, as I never dig on
hw that much (but I'll need to do so really soon).

If you can manage the timezones, that would probably be okay.
America/Europe is doable if you guys get up early, just as long as
no-one from Asia-Pacific wants to join in ...

This techday is good idea. Sadly it depends on people being available at that time and most probably most people providing interesting answers may be the most busy ones. I tend to avoid IRC because it is big waste of time. There are few gems too found in the archives (thanks Marius G. ;-) but 98% is just babble and FAQs repeated again and again. However I would try to join such techday on IRC (not that I expect my presence to be useful to others). It would be nice to have such tech days regulary preferably with few topics set in advance. But still I don't know how real it is to achieve this and whether wiki or mailing list is not better suited for this after all.

Frantisek