> Mikhail,
>
> the version that I am running is 0.9.1 and I am pretty sure that I used
> the application manager to install it.  If you would like a screenshot
> or something like that I can send it to you off list. Just let me know
> what you need.
>
> In the scale of annoyances, this is not, for me a biggie since there is
> a simple workaround. Interestingly, and contrary to my understanding of
> X11vnc, X11vnc seems to stop running after a period of inactivity (i.e.
> no connection) and then it must be restarted.

I used to see that, and then or no apparent reason it stopped dropping the
connection and seems completely reliable now.

> I would have thought that,
> since it runs as a daemon/service, that it would remain
> running/listening once it is started.
>
> In fact, it would be nice if the load-applet could be enhanced to
> include "stop" and "restart" as options for those processes that are
> installed as daemons and, furthermore, to somehow distinguish them in
> the process list from those processes that are not daemons/services.

Even better would be a way to allow connections to services when the N800 is
offline (as on a 'plane) or not connected to Wi-Fi.  This is a real
show-stopper .. nobody seems to know a workaround. :-(

mfc