> "ext Niels Breet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

>> There is no official list of categories, which has brought us to state
>> we are in now.
>
> There is, http://hildon-app-mgr.garage.maemo.org/packaging-stable.html:

Ok, we need to get this in the official documentation. I don't think many
developers will find it there! At least it is not listed here:
http://maemo.org/development/documentation/how-tos/4-x/creating_a_debian_package.html

[snip]
> user/accessories    Accessories
> user/communication  Communication
> user/games          Games
> user/multimedia     Multimedia
> user/office         Office
> user/other          Other
> user/programming    Programming
> user/support        Support
> user/themes         Themes
> user/tools          Tools

Do we need more categories? I think this is not enough for all applications.

> in your control information. If you want to put it into "Ringtones" (which
> is not pre-defined), use
>
> Section: user/Ringtones

I think this is bad. This is how we ended up with the mess we are in now.

We need to come up with an official list and don't allow new categories to
be created unless the community feels it is needed.

- Niels