Hi,

Neil Jerram wrote:
> But the rest is arbitrary.  I see no need for separate pages, only
> clear section headings within the page.

Long pages full of technical information (most of which is not useful to
the reader) are intimidating, and give the impression of needing to be
an "expert" to achieve the task at hand.

It would be a return to the RTFM culture of the 90s when HOWTOs (which
were great if you had a basic idea what you were talking about) were the
pinacle of Linux documentation.

I'd hoped we'd progressed beyond that.

> That is you making a choice for yourself.  In the current discussion
> about wiki content, the debate is whether your proposal is best for
> the whole community, some of whom will have made different choices;
> not just for how you use your ITs.

My proposal is not to exclude people, but to ensure that the "main drag"
of the wiki stays clean, accessible, readable for a newbie, and
represents the most recent information available. Information about what
was the state of the art 3 years ago has its place, but it's not in the
middle of what is the state of the art now.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
maemo.org docsmaster