On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 12:05 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is the last time I'll be cross-posting WPotD announcements - from
> now on I'll use the new [EMAIL PROTECTED] list for WPotD
> updates, and I invite any of you interested in community processes, the
> wiki or the development of the website to join that list.
>
> Thank you very much for the help on USB networking - it's now been
> cleaned up & put to bed, as has "booting from a flash card" and
> "partitioning a flash card" (thanks in large part to General Antilles's
> monster contribution). A special thank you also to the anonymous
> contributor who updated "playing ogg files" and allowed me to remove the
> "in progress" tags this morning. The wiki is coming along nicely!
>
> The WPotD for today is "Video encoding"
> http://wiki.maemo.org/Video_encoding - an article which, it seems to me,
> is in dire need of reduction. From my own experience, the page should be
> an instruction manual on installing tablet-encode and its dependencies,
> and that's it.

Have to vehemently disagree with this, I've referred to this page for
the manual conversion instructions plenty of times, as it tells me how
to use tools that I already have on my system and are useful for
non-tablet cases too...

Maybe it should be split into simple/advanced sections perhaps, but a
lot of that information is useful.

--Chris