Hi,

you said:
"
> There is no native multi touch on these devices.
"
Who said otherwise ?

You can call my experience with maemo multitouch side-effect.
Ok.
But it works for me.
I use both iPod Touch and maemo.
It works how it works but works (side-effect or alike) ;)

you asked
"
have you ever actually done any coding for maemo
"

Tried hard to loggin into maemo, 3 times failed and gave up.
Logging procedure problems.
There is no such facility like Think-Tank at Nokia, so no chance
to develop and discuss multitouch for Nokia/maemo.
Moreover, one or more guys from this dev list claimed that discussing
multitouch for Nokia maemo was spam.

Wish you success anyway.

Darius